Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Summer Reading

Summer is my favorite time of the year for many reasons. One of the main reasons is because I actually have time to read for fun without feeling guilty. Here are some of the books I've been waiting to read:

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time- Matt Hendon. CT read this for school and thought I would want to read it. It is from a 15 year old boy with Autism's point of view. I actually just read this one this weekend and liked it a lot.

The Help- Kathryn Stockett. Probably on everyone's summer reading list.

Water for Elephants- Sara Gruen. Again, probably on everyone's summer reading list. I want to read it before seeing the movie.



Mere Christianity- C.S. Lewis. My small group leaders from the past 2 semesters (whom I adore) are going to be doing a small group this summer and we're doing this book, so I added it to the list. I've been wanting to read this forever!

Reading with Meaning- Debbie Miller. This would probably be boring to anyone but an El. Ed. major.

Teacher- Sylvia Ashton-Warner. This would also probably be boring to anyone but an El. Ed. major.


Heaven is for Real. My mom and CT rave about this and say it changed their lives. If you don't know what this is about, Google it.



Heart of the Matter- Emily Giffin. Love every single one of her books and can't wait to read this one!

American Wife- Curtis Sittenfeld. The Man of My Dreams and Prep look good too.

From This Moment On- Shania Twain. I have been a Shania fan since I was 7 or 8 years old and I can't wait to read her autobiography.



I think that's about it for my Summer Reading List. I might read a few more here and there, but these are the ones I'm really hoping to read! Any other suggestions?

Hope you're having a blessed day!

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment